1 timothy 4:8


"8 For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things,holding promise for both the present lifeand the life to come." 1Timothy 4:8

When i read this verse the story of mary and martha comes to my mind. While martha was not doing a bad thing by trying to serve her guests, mary chose the best part. Im very used to being presented with the message of choosing doing good over sin. And in a way its easy to choose the first option, because by the grace of God i know what the path of sin can take me to. I struggle way more when i have to choose between a not nessesarily bad way or Gods way. For example going to college was obviously not a bad path, but God had something better for me this year. I think that this verse is saying how investing in things from this world, even though they might not be bad, will never compare to living a life in Gods will, wich means investing in our eternal life.

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

I am dust, and so is everyone else

Job 1:21

Teaching at Kids Club about our good God