Philippians 3:8

What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ" Phillipians 3:8


This verse was kind of hard for me to understand. It says that i count all things  loss for the excellence of the knowledge of christ. What does that even mean? Does it mean that the deeper i get into my relationship the more i will have to count as loss? Does a deeper relationship with Jesus mean more sacrifice? Mathew 7 14 says...... if the gate is narrow im guessing some of the nongodly attitutes i hold dear to my heart wont fit. That means i will have to get rid of my pride, self pitty, selfishness etc. I will have to sacrifice that to gain entrance to the path of life, which is christ. This are things i already know,and wven though i have difficulty practicing them, i still recognize its something that must be done and is for my own good. But what about things im sacrificing i cant see the reason for. All the things mentioned above where defenitely making me lose a lot of things, not only spiritually but socially and mentally. These are things that i recognized since the beggining as loss. In verse 7 it says but what things were gain to me, these i counted loss for christ. I have to count things that i think are gain for me, but ultimately are loss for christ. There are too many things that make me loose in general to write  down, but summarizing it all: everything that doesnt add to my relationship with God is taking away from it. I have to stop lookimg siperficially for things that are stumblimg me in my walk, because its useless, i already did that, i already ripped those roots out. The fear of getting to the next chapter with God, one that i know will involve pain, cant control me an anymore, because its keeping me  from the excellence of the knowledge ofchrist Jesus. Because even though i will lose some precious idols and sins ive refused to get rid of, i sill gain freedom, and i will be able to take the next step with jesus, instead of voluntarily staying in the same spot.

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

Galatians 5:13

Job 1:21

Ephesians 1:21